Friday, February 27, 2009

How to remove autorun malware

I'm having a problem with one of our PC. When I try to open (double click) local C drive, I got a warning that Windows cannot find: 

""RECYCLER\S-8-9-94-100022539-100013076-100012326-629 6.com make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again. to search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.""

This warning appears only on drive c/d/e etc..., when I try to open the drive it just won't open. However when i right click on the drive and select explore then the drive will open. Its probably a Malware or something? I hope somebody can help me on this. Many thanks.....

Sounds familiar. Well then your computer is infected with autorun virus. To remove it go to www.download.com and download a small utility called Autorun Eater. The moment you finish installing, the programme will start and will detect this virus. It will you give an option to remove it. Just do it and thats it.

This programme will remain in your system tray. It will take up very little memory which you can see under billy.exe.


No comments: